One of the best things I admire being in Business is seeing Women in leadership. Today I have a very special case and shout out to Nancy at Behrman, a Women Owned Business, dedicated to PR and build brands, a company with a great focus and which shows women power.
Let’s get first details about Public Relations (PR) and then I will tell you about her company.
Public relations (PR) are about managing reputation. Choosing a career in PR will involve gaining understanding and support for your clients, and also trying to influence opinion and behavior. You’ll use all forms of communication and media to build, keep and manage the reputation of your clients.
Public relations build up credibility, because it’ll operate through numerous trusted intermediaries.
Besides, these intermediaries communicate to a certain audience to get to the point, clearly and effectively.
Public relations account executives are responsible for handling all aspects of planned publicity campaigns and PR activities.
Depending on the employer, PR officers may also be required to carry out other, more general, marketing responsibilities such as working on websites and social media and writing and/or producing presentations, reports, articles, leaflets, journals and brochures for external and internal distribution.
Other tasks include:
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Writing and producing presentations and press releases
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations
- Organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, exhibitions, tours and visits
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- Providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- Liaising with clients, managerial and journalistic staff about budgets, timescales and objectives
Some of the key skills for public relation managers are:
- Excellent communication both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Awareness of different media agendas
Now, talking about Nancy’s company.
The agency was founded in 1985 by industry pioneer Nancy Behrman, an innovator and trailblazer in the world of public relations, corporate positioning, and retail relations.
Behrman focuses on brand building, strategic planning, retail advisory services, and digital influencer relations and management.
They have a strong belief that a successful brand is an authentic story, well-told and they, as storytellers breathe life into your brand by crafting and sharing its unique narrative, from strategy to execution. (You can check more details here)
They offer services on:
- Traditional Media Relations & Integrated Communications
- Social Media & Influencer Marketing
- Brand Building & Strategic Planning
They have an amazing team which helps you build your brand effectively and according to the new trends as they have the ability to adapt.
Nancy got featured by David Lee Jensen in the Huffingtonpost where they stated “She’s lived and breathed PR as a pioneering woman in the industry for thirty-plus years” (read full interview here).
It clearly shows that her vision and experience will make a great impact on the industry and your brand.
Visit Behrmanpr site to see in full depth what they are about: https://www.behrmanpr.com/